- Evaluation of Color Imagery and Direct Referencing for Mapping Submersed Aquatic Vegetation in Chesapeake Bay. D. J. Wilcox, R. J. Orth, J. R. Whiting, A. K. Kenne, A. L. Owens, and L. S. Nagey. Report to EPA Chesapeake Bay Program. December 2009.
- Bioscience - Global Crisis For Seagrass Ecosystems. Orth et al. - Table 1, expanded list of case studies and references. 2006.
- Historical analysis of SAV in the Potomac River and Analysis of Bay-wide Historic SAV to establish a New Acreage Goal. K. A. Moore, D. J. Wilcox, B. Anderson, T. A. Parham, and M. D. Naylor. Report to EPA Chesapeake Bay Program. April 2004.
- Historic Distribution of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (SAV) in Chesapeake Bay, MD. Michael D. Naylor. Maryland Department of Natural Resources. 2004.
- Analysis of Historical Distribution of SAV in the Eastern Shore Coastal Basins and Mid-Bay Island Complexes as Evidence of Historical Water Quality Conditions and a Restored Bay Ecosystem. K. A. Moore, D. J. Wilcox, B. Anderson, R. J. Orth. Report to EPA Chesapeake Bay Program. April 2003.
- Causes of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Declines in Tangier Sound, Chesapeake Bay. R. Orth, K. Moore, J. Fishman, D. Wilcox, L. Karrh, and T. Parham. Report to EPA Chesapeake Bay Program. December 2002.
- Analysis of historical distribution of submerged aquatic vegetation (SAV) in the York and Rappahannock rivers as evidence of historical water quality conditions. K. A. Moore, D. J. Wilcox, B. Anderson, R. J. Orth. Report to EPA Chesapeake Bay Program. November 2001.
- Boat Scarring Effects on Submerged Aquatic Vegetation in Virginia (Year 1). R. J. Orth, J. R. Fishman, A. Tillman, S. Everett, K. A. Moore. Final Report to the Virginia Saltwater Recreational Fishing Development Fund, VMRC, October 2001.
- "Evidence of hydraulic dredging in Virginia coastal bay SAV beds" in letter to Virginia Marine Resources Commissioner dated Nov. 27, 2000, by R. J. Orth.
- A Preliminary Study of Predation on Blue Crabs by Three Fish Predators in a Seagrass Bed. R. J. Orth, J. Van Montfrans, and J. R. Fishman. Report to VMRC. May 1999
- Analysis of historical distribution of submerged aquatic vegetation (SAV) in the James River. K. A. Moore, D. J. Wilcox, R. J. Orth, and E. Bailey. Report to VCRM Program, The Department of Conservation and Recreation, Richmond, Va. April 1999
- "Update on the extent of SAV bed scarring in the Coastal Bays, identified in the 1998 SAV monitoring" in letter report to Maryland Secretary of Natural Resources dated April 14, 1999, by R. J. Orth.
- Chincoteague Bay, Virginia: Effectiveness of the SAV sanctuary and revegetation of SAV habitat disturbed by clam dredging. R. J. Orth, K. A. Moore, D. J. Wilcox, and J. R. Fishman. Report to VMRC. October 1998
- Biomass of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation in the Chesapeake Bay. K. A. Moore D. J. Wilcox, and R. J. Orth. Report to EPA Chesapeake Bay Program. 1998.
- Evidence of widespread destruction of submersed aquatic vegetation (SAV) from clam dredging in Chincoteague Bay, Virginia. K. A. Moore and R. J. Orth. Report to VMRC. 1997.
- "Evidence of destruction of SAV beds in Maryland's coastal bays from hydraulic clam dredging" in letter report to Maryland Secretary of Natural Resources dated Dec. 17, 1997, by R. J. Orth and K. A. Moore.
- Trends in the distribution, abundance, and habitat quality of submerged aquatic vegetation in the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries: 1971-1991. Orth, R. J., R. Batiuk, and J. F. Nowak. 1994. Final Report U.S. EPA CBP/TRS 137/95. 231 pp.